Online ME Masters Non-Thesis
Mines ME is hiring faculty! Apply now
Mechanical Engineering by the numbers
master’s and PhD students
2022 average starting salary for BSME graduates
awarded research in
fiscal year 2021
undergrads who complete internships
companies, national labs and
universities that hire our grads
in return-on-investment for
low income students
Public University in CO (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
Alaina Clar: "The Mines student community has diverse passions, and you can always find an outlet for them."
Christine Yee: "If someone is interested in coming to Mines I would tell them that this school is a rewarding and challenging experience."
see more student highlights »
Faculty & Research Highlights
Colorado School of Mines part of multi-university team selected by DoD for supply chain research.
Mines Mechanical Engineering Professor Leads Community Energy Efficiency Project
Expert Faculty Advisor on Energy Savings Analysis
Undergraduate Research Symposium Award Winner Ye Jin, Mechanical Engineering
Xiaoli Zhang, Mines faculty, teaching robots how to think, share information
see more department highlights »
Want to learn more about Mechanical Engineering at Mines?
(Required ME Software)
for Working Professionals
- Colorado School of Mines part of multi-university team selected by DoD for social science research
- Energy efficient living: Mines professor leads project to refurbish neighborhood
- Mines faculty teaching robots how to think, share information
- Colorado School of Mines, Lunar Outpost reach Level 2 of NASA’s Break the Ice Challenge
- GEFI Innov8x Challenge showcases Mines student ideas on the future of energy
- ADAPT receives $4.2M to continue additive manufacturing research with U.S. Army
- Colorado School of Mines, Lockheed Martin launch 2023 Over the Dusty Moon Challenge
- Mines professor contributes to $1M-winning autonomous vehicle for people with physical, sensory disabilities
- Free energy efficiency assessments now available for Colorado, Wyoming businesses
- Mines, Lunar Outpost developing technology for autonomous lunar excavation and construction
What can Mechanical@Mines do for you?
In 2024, the year of our 150th anniversary, we will celebrate Colorado School of Mines’ past, present and possibilities. By celebrating and supporting the Campaign for MINES@150 you will help elevate Mines to be an accessible, top-of-mind and first-choice for students, faculty, staff, recruiters and other external partners. When you give, you are ensuring Mines becomes even more distinctive and highly sought-after by future students, alumni, industry, and government partners over the next 150 years. We look forward to celebrating Mines’ sesquicentennial with you and recognizing the key role you play in making the MINES@150 vision a reality through your investments of time, talent and treasure. Give now