Online ME Masters Non-Thesis
Mines ME is hiring faculty! Apply now
Mechanical Engineering by the numbers
master’s and PhD students
2023 average starting salary for BSME graduates
awarded research in
fiscal year 2023
2023 average starting salary for MSME graduates
in return-on-investment for
low income students
undergrads who complete internships
Public University in CO (U.S. News & World Report, 2022)
Top Bachelor’s Awarded in ME
Edikan Udofia’s early professional years at the Aiteo Group showed him to the dynamic energy challenges of the African continent. ...
Alaina Clar: "The Mines student community has diverse passions, and you can always find an outlet for them."
see more student highlights »
Faculty & Research Highlights
Mechanical Engineering’s Andrew Jones Places 2nd in the Fall Undergraduate Research Symposium Poster
see more department highlights »
Want to learn more about Mechanical Engineering at Mines?
for Working Professionals
- Two Mines students named Koerner Family Foundation Fellows
- Solid oxide fuel cell at Colorado Fuel Cell Center now helping to power Mines campus
- Mechanical engineering PhD wins Rath Award at Fall 2023 Graduate Commencement
- Mines faculty, students work on technology that could "change space travel forever"
- Colorado School of Mines, Arapahoe Community College selected for Battery Workforce Challenge
- Tabares-Velasco awarded two DOE grants for work toward energy efficiency at any income level
- Mines researchers get $2M from NASA to advance technology for extracting aluminum from lunar soil
- Mines, Lunar Outpost test lunar excavation rover in 15-day durability demonstration
- Ask the expert: How do hydrogen electrolyzers work?
- 3D-printed cake icing? Mines research team uses bakery staple to advance additive manufacturing for materials R&D
In 2024, the year of our 150th anniversary, we will celebrate Colorado School of Mines’ past, present and possibilities. By celebrating and supporting the Campaign for MINES@150 you will help elevate Mines to be an accessible, top-of-mind and first-choice for students, faculty, staff, recruiters and other external partners. When you give, you are ensuring Mines becomes even more distinctive and highly sought-after by future students, alumni, industry, and government partners over the next 150 years. We look forward to celebrating Mines’ sesquicentennial with you and recognizing the key role you play in making the MINES@150 vision a reality through your investments of time, talent and treasure. Give now