Teaching Professor, Mechanical Engineering
Derrick received his Ph.D. in Environmental Science and Engineering from the Colorado School of Mines in 2006. Derrick also holds an M.S. in Environmental Engineering and a B.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Wyoming.
Derrick has previously worked as an adjunct in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, as a research faculty member in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, and was employed by various consulting firms for 5 years providing environmental engineering support to the Department of Energy’s Environmental Restoration Program. Derrick is also a registered professional environmental engineer in the state of Idaho.
Derrick lives in Applewood, has four children (20, 19, 15 and 13), and is an avid motorcyclist, enjoying both motocross track riding as well as riding on the street. Derrick practices Hawaiian Kenpo mixed martial arts at People’s Kenpo Karate in Littleton and is currently a 1st degree brown belt.
- Miller, A., Rodriguez, D. and Honeyman, B. 2013. “Simplified behaviors from increased heterogeneity: I. 2-D Uranium transport experiments at the decimeter scale.” Journal of Contaminant Hydrology. 148:39-50.
- Miller, A., Rodriguez, D. and Honeyman, B. 2013. “Simplified behaviors from increased heterogeneity: II. 3-D Uranium transport at the decimeter scale and intertank comparisons” Journal of Contaminant Hydrology. 148:51-66.
- Wilking, B., Rodriguez, D. and Illangasekare, T. 2013. “Experimental study of the effects of DNAPL distribution on mass rebound.” Ground Water. 51(2):229-36.
- Miller, A., Rodriguez, D. and Honeyman, B. 2010. “Upscaling Sorption/Desorption Processes in Reactive Transport Models To Describe Metal/Radionuclide Transport: A Critical Review.” Environmental Science & Technology 44(21): 7996-8007
- MEGN200 Introduction to Mechanical Engineering
- MEGN201 Mechanical Field Session
- MEGN351 Fluid Mechanics I
- MEGN451 Fluid Mechanics II
- MEGN361 Thermodynamics I
- MEGN461 Thermodynamics II
- MEGN553 Computational Fluid Dynamics